Leah was introduced to CrossFit in early 2009 while working out at Gold’s Gym. With her competitive nature and love for sports, it didn’t take long for her to become hooked. She spent the next few years attending seminars, obtaining certifications, & playing an active role in the CrossFit community. In 2012, Leah left her job in Corporate America and began coaching group classes and personal training. She now co-owns 5 Alarm CrossFit with her husband Josh where she continues to pursue her passion for health, fitness, and helping others.
Education and Certifications:
– B.S. in Risk Management
– CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
– Precision Nutrition Level 1
– CrossFit Kids
– CrossFit Football
– CrossFit Movement & Mobility
– CrossFit Nutrition
– CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
Recreational Athletic Experience:
– GORUCK Light (4/16, 9/15)
– GORUCK Challenge (9/16, 9/13)
– CrossFit Regionals Judge (2013, 2014, 2017)
– Various local CrossFit Competitions
Favorite/Least Favorite Named WOD?
– Favorite: The Chief
– Least Favorite: Fran
Favorite/Least Favorite Movement?
– Favorite: Pull-ups
– Least Favorite: Thrusters
Favorite Cheat Meal?
– Pancakes & Cheeseburgers
Favorite hobbies outside of CrossFit?
– Traveling, any kind of outdoor activity (hiking, canoeing, rucking, playing sports, 4-wheeling), reading, and spending time with Josh & Maks.
One thing about you most people don’t know?
– I had an offer to play D3 basketball at Illinois Wesleyan University.
If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?
– The Robertson’s from Duck Dynasty!