Josh didn’t discover a love for health and fitness until his early 20’s; and after several years of calisthenics and body part splits, he was lucky enough to find CrossFit back in 2007. Since then, he’s been an active member of the CrossFit community, and pursued additional educational opportunities through both CrossFit and collegiate means. In early 2005, he was hired as a Firefighter/EMT onto Bloomington Fire Department, where he continues to work every third day.
Education and Certifications
– B.S. in Financial Accounting
– M.S. in Exercise Science
– CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
– CrossFit Gymnastics (Tucker)
– CrossFit Nutrition (Wolf)
– CrossFit Weightlifting (Burgener)
– CrossFit Mobility (Starrett)
– Firefighter/EMT-Intermediate (Includes CPR/First Aid/AED)
Recreational Athletic Experience
– GORUCK Light (4/16, 9/15)
– GORUCK Tough (9/13)
– 2nd Degree Black Belt – Tae Kwon Do
– Various other Martial Arts (Kung Fu, Aikido, Boxing)
– Various Obstacle Races and 5Ks
– Sprint Triathlon (Once was enough.)
Favorite/Least Favorite Named WoD?
– Favorite: Nasty Girls.
– Least Favorite: Anything with Running, although Barbara is the only one to almost make me sick.
Favorite/Least Favorite Movement?
– Favorite: I’m infatuated with Gymnastics movements, but I’m probably best with a Kettlebell.
– Least Favorite: Besides Running? Front Rack Lunges.
Favorite Cheat Meal?
– This is like picking a favorite superhero (Superman – Oh, wait, that was pretty easy – See how I snuck that in there?). Seriously, pizza (meat lovers), cereal (fruity and cocoa pebbles), donuts (any), pie (warm apple with vanilla ice cream), ice cream… I might have a problem.
Favorite hobby outside of CrossFit?
– The obvious answer here is Leah and Maks! But aside from them, probably reading. My library is fairly extensive.
One thing about you most people don’t know?
– I’m also a CPA. Does that thing ever lapse? If so, maybe I’m not a CPA, but I do have a degree in Accounting.
If you could have one Superpower, what would it be?