Join us on Monday, 5/25 at 9am on ZOOM for our annual Memorial Day Murph workout. We look forward to honoring those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom and celebrating our gym community. Click the link below to access the link for the workout. See you on the web!
- Multiple modifications are available to make “Murph” doable by anyone and everyone; including 1/2 Murph, 1/4 Murph, Partner Murph, and countless movement modifications and/or substitutions!
- Come join us in remembering and honoring an American hero.
Relevant: The Murph Challenge 2019
– 1 Mile Run
– 100 Pull Ups
– 200 Push Ups
– 300 Air Squats
– 1 Mile Run
* Partition the Pull Ups, Push Ups, and Air Squats as needed.
* Optional: Weight Vest (20/14).
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
– No regular gym hours on this day.
– Our Memorial Day Murph is open to anyone, members and non-members. Non-members simply fill out a brief waiver.
– 3x/Week members, attending MDM DOES NOT count towards your 3 visits for the week.