Before being introduced to CrossFit in 2014, Sarah ran competitively – four years in high school and two as a Division I athlete at Gonzaga. She eventually retired from competitive running due to persisting injuries, then joined a CrossFit gym with two college buddies shortly thereafter. She was hooked on CrossFit’s functional strength and mobility focus. CrossFit also pushes her in a way her previous lifting routines never had and provides an opportunity to WoD with cool, like-minded people. Sarah is currently interning at Five-Alarm CrossFit and has had a blast getting to know the Five Alarm community while furthering her knowledge of the sport.
Education, Certifications, Recreational Athletic Experience
– Gonzaga University, Bachelor of Science in Human Physiology
– Division I Cross Country and Track Athlete (Gonzaga University) 2012-2014
What do you hope to do with your degree(s)?
– I will be going to physical therapy school next fall. So, I hope to eventually become a dang good PT.
Favorite/Least Favorite WoD?
– Favorite: Nancy
– Least Favorite: Linda
Favorite/Least Favorite Movement?
– Favorite: Power Snatch
– Least Favorite: Barbell Lunges
Favorite hobby outside of CrossFit?
– Being outside, seeing the sights (mountains & water are my faves so far).
One thing about you most people don’t know?
I have a step-sister named Sarah! We’re only 6 months apart in age.
Three things you’ve done in the past year?
– Published physiological research I did at Gonzaga (definitely a nerd if you haven’t guessed).
– Was accepted to PT school a few weeks ago.
– Backpacked along the Croatian coastline for two weeks this past summer with two best friends.