By now you’ve heard about COVID-19 and some of the recent suspensions/closures as a result of it. We want to keep all of our members in the loop by letting you know how we’ll be handling things at Five Alarm.
1. Don’t come to the gym if you’re sick or feeling “kind of icky.”If you have any signs of the virus, stay home. This goes for your kiddos too. Our coaches have also been advised to stay home if they are sick.
2. Wash your hands. First thing when you come in, please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20s. Dry them with a paper towel.
3. Wipe down EVERYTHING you use. We’re lucky. You all do a great job of this already but, for the time being, we’re asking everyone to be a little extra diligent. Wipe down your foam roller, your barbell, the plates, your floor space….it might seem excessive and it may take a little more time but if it’s something we can do to help prevent this from entering our four walls, we’re going to do it. The coaches will be changing out towels, on a regular basis so again, please wipe down your equipment and your area.
4. No logging into classes at the kiosk. If you’re able to, please preregister for the class you plan on attending. Coaches will be logging everyone in at the beginning of class and the iPad will not be set out for the time being.
5. No recording WOD times or writing workouts on extra boards. You’ll notice that the markers are missing from the baskets as well. For now, coaches are the only ones who will have access to these. They will still write your names on the board along with your score/time so be sure to tell them what you got when they ask! We’d also encourage you to keep recording your scores in ZenPlanner. If you get a PR, let your coach know and they’ll write it on the Bright Spots board for you as well.
6. No fist bumps or high fives. Just don’t touch each other for awhile. Keep encouraging and keep waiting for everyone to finish before cleaning up, just try to refrain from giving your fellow classmates a big high five or hug at the end of the workout. We know this one might be hard because it’s what we do but try your best.
7. Limited chalk. I know, I know….we all LOVE our chalk, some of us more than others. We will have ONE chalk bucket out on the floor for the time being. We’d advise everyone who opts to use it to do so at their own risk. If things get any worse, we will pull the chalk bucket as well. Consider this your heads up 😉
8. Toilet paper. Well folks, our timing couldn’t be worse but the gym is low on toilet paper and, apparently, most stores in town (and Amazon) are out. We will get some in there ASAP but pease be understanding if it’s not the “good stuff” for a little while.
Five Alarm will continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 closely and make adjustments as warranted. In the meantime, what are the best things you can do to protect yourself and your family? Continue prioritizing your health. We can help strengthen our immune systems by getting enough sleep, exercising, and eating a diet rich in whole foods. While this doesn’t guarantee we won’t catch the virus, it’s our best line of defense and is well within our control (in conjunction with washing our hands & staying in when we’re sick).
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We appreciate your patience and we will continue to do everything in our power to ensure you’re able to get your workouts in at Five Alarm. In the meantime, please stay tuned to your email, our website, and our private Facebook page for updates.