Chris has been active his entire life. Growing up, he spent his summers playing baseball and his falls playing football. He played on the Illinois State University (ISU) baseball team freshman year. He spent his remaining years at ISU playing rugby, which is where he met his wife. After graduating with a horticulture degree, he was an amateur MMA fighter, which led him to CrossFit. Chris lives in Normal with his wife and son, and works as a Firefighter/Paramedic for the Bloomington Fire Department.
Education and Certifications
– B.S. in Horticulture
– CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
– Firefighter/Paramedic (Includes First Aid/CPR/AED)
– Certified USA Rugby Coach
Recreational Athletic Experience:
– Powerlifting: 2016 UPA Iron Battle on the Mississippi – 181# Raw Open – 1st Place
– Powerlifting: 2015 UPA War of the Demigods – 181# Raw Open – 1st Place
Favorite/Least Favorite Named WoD?
– Favorite: Grace
– Least favorite: Annie
Favorite/Least Favorite Movement?
– Favorite: Back Squat
– Least Favorite: Double Unders
Favorite Cheat Meal?
– Dozen Donuts
Favorite Hobby Outside of CrossFit?
– Collecting Comic Books
One thing about you most people don’t know?
– I panic when I’m in a water slide that goes too fast.
If I could live in one Star Wars movie, which would it be?
– Return of the Jedi … I want to hang out with Ewoks.