Catie played just about every sport under the sun growing up, sticking with Cross Country and Track in high school. After high school, she focused on her second passion: eating. Packing on weight started slowly and then continued to climb until she was introduced to CrossFit in August of 2012 after seeing a picture of a friend with six-pack abs. She knew she was interested in whatever her friend was doing! CrossFit helped her lose 30 pounds and fall in love with exercising again. Having a few great coaches really had an impact on Catie and her interest in coaching, and she’s very excited to be a part of the team!
Education and Certifications
– CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
– CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
– Judges Certificate – 2016
Recreational Athletic Experience:
– GORUCK Light (4/16)
– GORUCK Tough (9/16)
– CrossFit Regionals Athlete Control (2015)
– Various local CrossFit Competitions
Favorite/Least Favorite Named WOD?
– Favorite: Murph (or any Hero WoD)
– Least Favorite: I avoid “Kelly” like the plague.
Favorite/Least Favorite Movement?
– Favorite: Deadlifts
– Least Favorite: Olympic Lifts
Favorite Cheat Meal?
– Pizza. Pizza. Pizza. Locally – Meat Lovers from Firehouse in Uptown Normal. Deep Dish – Spinach and Sausage from Lou Malnatti’s.
Favorite hobby outside of CrossFit?
– Inviting myself over to friends’ houses, and giving Ryan a really hard time.
One thing about you most people don’t know:
– “It’s All Coming Back To Me” by Celine Dion is my favorite song. Seriously.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
– In San Diego. On a boat.